After much deliberation, and heartbreak, the January 16th Wild Dunes Author Event with Mary Alice Monroe has been cancelled. We have been carefully tracking the Covid/Omicron numbers and we are going to continue to spike cases dramatically throughout the month, reaching the apex mid to late January, which is at the time of our event. We considered every possible protocol, but in the end, we had no other choice but to prioritize the welfare of the guests and authors. Canceling the event was the right thing to do.
You should have received an email notice from Wild Dunes Resort showing your refund. If you have questions about the refund, please contact Wild Dunes at: (855) 421-3356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like you, we are very disappointed. We were all so excited to welcome you to Isle of Palms, to celebrate Friends & Fiction and reading, all while supporting literacy. Thank you so much for your support of the Wild Dunes Author Event. I hope you all stay healthy and will plan to join us in January 2023 for what will surely be another fabulous event.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO EXTREME CAUTION REGARDING COVID/OMICRON VIRUS SPIKE
Isle of Palms, SC- New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe welcomes a stellar panel of fellow bestselling writers to the 18th Wild Dunes Author Event to be held Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. at Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms.
Sunday, January 16, 2022
Sweetgrass Pavilion at Wild Dunes Resort
Isle of Palms, SC
The featured authors are Patti Callahan (Henry), Kristin Harmel, and Kristy Woodson Harvey. Together with Mary Alice Monroe and Mary Kay Andrews( who cannot attend) the ‘Fab Five’ co-founded the popular weekly web series and podcast Friends & Fiction. BUY TICKETS NOW
WHAT TO EXPECT AT WILD DUNES AUTHOR EVENT WITH MARY ALICE MONROE
Guests will enjoy listening to an in-depth and lively author conversation moderated by Friends & Fiction podcast director Ron Block. Together they are diving deep into their backlist of books to select a personal favorite novel. You may have read it, but you’ve never heard them discuss these books like this before. It’ll be a conversation that everyone will enjoy!
And there’s more! In addition to the conversation, this annual literary fundraiser includes an author meet-and-greet, a book signing hosted by Buxton Books, an exclusive silent auction benefiting the charity, a signature cocktail provided by our favorite Firefly Distillery, and delicious hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
All proceeds from the Wild Dunes Author Event with Mary Alice Monroe and the silent auction will directly support Reading Partners, a local 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing young students who struggle to read with individualized reading support to help them read at grade level. All of the featured authors and the moderator are generously donating their time to support this meaningful fundraiser.
YOUR TICKET UNLOCKS ACCESS TO A WEEKEND OF FUN
Guests who reserve their tickets to the Wild Dunes Author Event with Mary Alice Monroe unlock access to an array of additional offerings! Tickets to the event are:
$60 for general admission
$50 for Wild Dunes Club Members and Wild Dunes Weekend Package guests
Back by popular demand, the Wild Dunes Author Event with Mary Alice Monroe has once again expanded into a weekend of fun opportunities for guests to connect with Mary Alice Monroe and the Friends & Fiction authors. The weekend package provides a special opportunity for friends, couples, and book clubs to gather at a luxury seaside resort and talk books.
FOR RESERVATIONS: Call Wild Dunes at: 866-359-5593 and use the group code 3HW6FB for a 15% discount off your room rate (for one or more nights). Guests who book at least a one-night stay will receive all of the following:
- 15% discount off your room rate at Wild Dunes Resort Hotel
- 10% discount on lunch at a Wild Dunes restaurant
- Discounted ticket price of $50 to the Sunday Main Event
- VIP reserved seating at the Sunday Main Event
- Invitation to the Exclusive Welcome Cocktail Party with Mary Alice Monroe
- Welcome bag of goodies from the authors and Wild Dunes Resort
- Access to purchase tickets to all literary workshops (listed below)
SATURDAY LITERARY WORKSHOPS
Mary Alice Monroe, Patty Callahan, Kristin Harmel, and Kristy Woodson Harvey are each hosting an exclusive workshop on Saturday, January 15, 2022 only for this weekend. Each author selected a book that would provide an enhanced experience for you! Tickets to the literary workshops are only available to guests who have purchased a ticket to the Sunday Main Event.
- The Wedding Veil: Book Discussion Wild Dunes is a nationally sought after wedding venue, so what better place to talk weddings? Kristy Woodson Harvey is excited to discuss the inspiration behind her forthcoming novel. You’ll also see Kristy’s own wedding veil. Signed pre-ordered copy of The Wedding Veil will be mailed to attendees on release day.
Ticket Price: $35.
- The Winemaker’s Wife: Champagne Tasting Did someone say champagne? Kristin Harmel will share the fascinating history of champagne and the inspiration for her nationally bestselling novel. Wine tasting and signed copy of The Winemaker’s Wife included.
Ticket Price: $35
- Surviving Savannah: Passenger Experience All aboard! Patti Callahan takes you on an exciting voyage aboard the elegant Pulaski in 1838. Based on the real-life sinking of the “Titanic of the South” off the coast of Savannah, you will will receive a boarding ticket of one of the novel’s characters. On the journey, discover your fate! Signed copy of Surviving Savannah included.
Ticket price: $35
- SOLD OUT! The Islanders: Sunset Cruise Calling all Beach House fans! Enjoy a picturesque cruise along the fabled Intracoastal Waterway with Mary Alice Monroe and her friend Angela May on the fabled Barrier Island Eco Tour company– the same cruise company that Brett and Cara own in the book series. Not only will you experience the beauty of the lowcountry by water, you’ll learn about the local ecosystem, look for dolphins, and cruise past Dewees Island, the private island that is the setting of their bestselling middle grade book series, The Islanders! Signed, pre-ordered copy of The Islanders: Search for Treasure (to be mailed to attendee on book release date). Proceeds from admission price will go directly to the Wild Dunes Author Event charity, Reading Partners. Maximum: 40 people
Ticket price: $40
- SOLD OUT! The Islanders: Sunday Morning Boat Trip Calling all fans of Mary Alice Monroe’s bestselling Beach House series and middle grade series, The Islanders! Enjoy a picturesque cruise along the Intracoastal Waterway with Mary Alice Monroe and her friend Angela May on board a ferry to Dewees Island– the private barrier island and nature sanctuary that is the setting of the bestselling middle grade book, The Islanders! Guests will enjoy a short walk from the boat landing to the Nature Center, led by certified naturalist Judy Fairchild. This educational experience will give guests a rare, up-close look at the natural beauty of the island through a special presentation at the Nature Center. Guests will return to Wild Dunes on board the 11:30 a.m. ferry, to ensure everyone has enough time to get ready for Sunday’s Main Event. Signed, pre-ordered copy of The Islanders: Search for Treasure (to be mailed to attendee on book release date ). Maximum: 20 people
Ticket price: $50Important Note: These workshops are only available for purchase if you have purchased a ticket to Sunday’s main event.
TREAT YOURSELF TO THIS LITERARY ADVENTURE
The Wild Dunes Author Series is a literary adventure for booklovers. Give yourself the gift of experience, or surprise a loved one, by booking tickets to the January 16, 2022 event now. BUY TICKETS NOW
Upgrade the experience with the ultimate gift by booking a stay at Wild Dunes Resort, and unlock access to a full weekend of fun. Call 866-359-5593 to make your reservation for the Wild Dunes Author Series Weekend, and use the promo code 3HW6FB to enjoy a 15% discount off your room rate.
If you have additional questions, email: email@example.com