fbpx Skip to content
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Mary Alice Monroe

New York Times Bestselling Author

A NOTE OF REFLECTIONS AND HOLIDAY WISHES

This is a season of traditions and transitions, preparations and celebrations. Parties and quiet gatherings, parades and church services. It’s a busy time of year. But despite the hustle and bustle, I hope you’re finding moments to sit back and enjoy the lights of the tree while sipping hot cocoa (or wine) and savor the season.

REFLECTIONS

Before I transition to a New Year, I want to take a moment to reflect on some of the year’s best moments and share them with you.

BEACH HOUSE REUNION became a #4 New York Times Best Seller

THE BEACH HOUSE premiered as a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie

Traveled to 9 states this year and met hundreds of readers on book tour

New home in NC. Now I am writing from the mountains and the sea

Formally inducted into the South Carolina Academy of Authors Hall of Fame

Welcomed a new litter of pups with Gigi

Adopted one giant pup named Vega

And later this month, the highlight—we’ll welcome a new granddaughter to our family!

What a wonderful year!

And thank you for your support, for reading my books and recommending them to others. And too, for enthusiastically supporting the species I champion in my books. I feel blessed to have the best readers!

LOOKING AHEAD

So much is happening in 2019 … I’m busy working on my new novel, THE SUMMER GUESTS. It’s set for release June 11th! Book tour planning is underway, and the book cover will be revealed next month on my website and social pages. I’m excited to share it with you!

In The Summer Guests, five people evacuate the southeastern coast as a rapidly intensifying hurricane threatens. They flee to a friend’s farm in the North Carolina mountains, taking with them their most cherished possessions–including prize horses and rescue dogs.  Their evacuation becomes one of the most challenging weeks of their lives. But, even during the worst of circumstances—or perhaps because of them—the evacuees will discover what is most important in life.

Though THE SUMMER GUESTS isn’t an official continuation of The Beach House Series there’s a surprise in this novel for my Beach House fans! I’d love it if you’d add it to your Goodreads “Want to Read” list.

EXCITING SPOTLIGHT

Did you see this news on Forbes.com this month? My heart skipped a beat to see WILD DUNES PRESENTS: A CONVERSATION WITH MARY ALICE MONROE included on the Top 10 Reasons to Visit Charleston, SC in the Winter feature.

This annual author series hosts some of the South’s greatest writers. I launched this literary project more than a decade ago to connect readers to writers on a more personal level, while also fundraising for literacy programs in my community. I’m honored to welcome New York Times bestselling authors Patti Callahan of “Becoming Mrs. Lewis” and Lisa Wingate of “Before We Were Yours” as our stellar panelists for the January 27th event at the world-class Wild Dunes Resort on the Isle of Palms.

Both of these women have penned powerful historical fiction novels you won’t soon forget. Guests get to be a part of the intimate conversation and ask questions too, followed by a meet and greet book signing. Delicious hors d’oeuvres and signature cocktails by Firefly Distillery are included with ticket purchase. We have so much fun, and together we raise money to support literacy programs. This year, Reading Partners South Carolina is our charitable beneficiary. This special event is a great way to kick off your New Year, and a good excuse to plan a getaway to Charleston.

CLICK HERE FOR TICKET INFO

MY HOLIDAY WISH FOR YOU

As our final month of December comes to a close with festive gatherings, holiday shopping, travel plans, and the seemingly long to-do list, I send you a special wish from my heart  … May your holiday season and New Year be filled with unshakable hope, a wellspring of love, comforting peace, good health, new adventures, and a lot of great reading.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy 2019 to you!

With love,
Mary Alice

25 Comments

1. Bet Wilson on December 20, 2018 at 10:07 am

Merry Christmas right back! Thank you for all the joy you’ve brought to so many through your stories! Looking forward to the June book reveal!

2. Wendy Bloom on December 20, 2018 at 10:12 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!! LOVE your books…have read every one of them!

3. Ann Cherry on December 20, 2018 at 10:28 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Can’t wait to have our Turtle Brunch with you next summer❤️⛱????????

4. Carla Brumby on December 20, 2018 at 10:56 am

A very Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! Congratulations on your many accomplishments this past year. Excited for you about the upcoming birth of your granddaughter ❤️ Looking forward to your new novel.

5. A Denise Balon on December 20, 2018 at 11:10 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family!???? Thank you for such special books! I thoroughly enjoy them!

Happy and Healthy New Year to youand your family!

6. Peggy on December 20, 2018 at 11:15 am

Your books are favorites of mine. Look forward to each new one and enjoyed The Beach House on Hallmark. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

7. Sylvia Tennille on December 20, 2018 at 11:24 am

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Love,
    Sylvia and George Tennille

8. Kathy Pritchard on December 20, 2018 at 11:56 am

What a wonderful year it has been for you. We are looking forward to Christmas with our family. Our 6 year old grandson Charlie has been here today making Christmas cookies. Sending good wishes across the ocean from England for a wonderful Christmas and 2019. Kathy x.

9. Sue on December 20, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Congratulations on a successful year, the wonderful thing happening in your family.
    As I reflect back on the year the happiness of times with a good book in my hand to escaping the stress. Wishing for a healthy new year and with Gods blessing my husband to heal.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Love reading your comments on your post.
    Mary Alice Monroe love your books.

10. Harriette Lockhart on December 20, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Thank you Mary Alice. Love your books. I now live in Washington State and your books make me feel like i’m Back home again. How about adding the Seattle area to your next book tour? Merry Christmas,
    Harriette Lockhart

11. Randy Snider on December 20, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Wishing you happy holidays and a grand and wonderfilled new year. Looking forward to the new book. You had me at horses.

12. Ida Mero on December 20, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a very healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year. I can hardly wait for June and the release of your new book.

13. Sandra Marler on December 20, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I have read all of your books and some of them twice ! Look forward to reading the new one.

I have lived in South Carolina my entire life and your books are a joy to red especially since I have visited the places in SC.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

14. Nancy Bennett on December 20, 2018 at 3:57 pm

I have read them all–can’t wait until the June publication! of your new book! Beautiful family–Go Tigers! Will be in Dallas for Clemson’s Bowl game!

15. Marcy Collins on December 20, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Many wishes for you and your family to have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! I look forward to reading more books from you in 2019, and possibly seeing you on tour!

16. Marilyn on December 20, 2018 at 5:24 pm

I love your books! Thank you so much for all of your entertaining stories that help me escape. Also love seeing pictures of your Cavalier and her puppies. We lost our last Cavalier in May and miss him so much. Both of our Cavaliers were Tri-colored and seeing your pictures gives me fond memories of our Molly and Captain Morgan. Have a blessed Christmas and New Year!????

• Mary Alice Monroe on January 8, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Maryilyn,
      We will never forget our precious pups.
      May your memories of Molly and Captain Morgan always remain vivid and joyful.
      Happy New Year!

17. Teresa Coats on December 20, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family. Enjoy the season and the new addition to your family. How wonderful to have a child that you love and can see Christmas though their eyes.

18. Carolyn on December 20, 2018 at 8:39 pm

It has been a wonderful year for you and adding a new grandchild rounds it out perfectly. Keep writing those wonderful books; I love them and have read every one of them. Looking forward to your newest one next June. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

• Mary Alice Monroe on January 8, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Thank you, Carolyn!

19. Louisa Collucci on December 20, 2018 at 9:03 pm

From your books alone it is obvious that you are a truly wonderful person. Your characters reflect that. Thank you for opening my mind and heart through your God given gift of writing. I look forward to the new book. I hope I am at the beach reading it. Blessings and love on all your new family additions. Merry Christmas and continued success and happiness in 2019.

• Mary Alice Monroe on January 8, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Oh Louisa, your words fill my heart. Thank you. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

20. Peg Hedrick on December 21, 2018 at 9:56 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family. May it be filled with all the joy you bring to us, your readers, with your wonderful books.

21. Dallas on December 23, 2018 at 8:24 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you 🙂 I have my ticket for the Wild Dunes Author Series already, counting down the days to that event!!! So excited to hear you and Patti and Lisa lecture together. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

• Mary Alice Monroe on January 8, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Thank you for sharing in the excitement, Dallas! Be thinking of any questions you want to ask Patti or Lisa. And, we’ll see you soon, at Wild Dunes.