fbpx Skip to content
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Mary Alice Monroe

New York Times Bestselling Author

A HOLIDAY MESSAGE FROM MY HOME TO YOURS

Festive lights at the Isle of Palms

My dear reader,

I cherish this time of year. Not for the gaiety and decorations, festivities or gifts. Those things are nice. But what I like best is the nostalgia that comes with preparing for this season. Old Christmas ornaments and decorations pulled from dusty boxes bring back memories of family members and loved ones.

The act of receiving and sending greeting cards makes me reminiscent of all the people I’ve come in contact with who make life more meaningful. And seeing a widespread desire among many to do something especially kind and charitable for others. These are a few of the things that fill my heart this time of year.

Feeling festive with Markus

As we prepare our hearts and home to celebrate the Christmas holiday with my children and grandchildren, I wish you and your family a meaningful holiday season filled with love, peace, hope, and joy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

With love,

Mary Alice

8 Comments

1. Marsha Tennant on December 23, 2016 at 10:10 am

Thank you for your message and love of the lowcountry and all critters!

• Mary Alice Monroe on December 23, 2016 at 10:14 am

Marsha, and thank you for your love of the lowcountry too.

2. Nancy on December 23, 2016 at 10:19 am

Every year during Christmas/New Year season, I spend quiet moments alone speaking aloud the names of those who live now only in my memory. It is an especially poignant time for me. Some are still alive but not currently in my lifem, but are fondly remembered. To say, ” Maude Marie Hershey Martin,” or “Mary Ella Midgely Brown” aloud brings them forcefully to my mind..A ND I see them again.

3. Nancy Key on December 23, 2016 at 10:37 am

Thank you, MAM! I love how all of your books make me feel like I am a part of their family and living in the low country.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

4. Dee Clark on December 23, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Mary Alice,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also! I hope you have delight spreading the joy you have to all your family during this wonderful season, especially those grandchildren! Again, thank you for your gift of the love of reading that you have instilled in me! ???????????????????????? Here’s a toast to you Mary Alice! ????

5. Kathy Ferguson on December 23, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Merry Christmas to you and those you love…You have been giving me the gift of your talent for years….and I cherish those memories….The moments spent reading your books have entertained AND educated me on many and varied topics…In return I give you the gift of my loyalty and word of mouth promotion…I have been told on more than a few occasions that I have a big mouth..so I will assume this particular gift has some value.!!! 🙂

Have a wonderful holiday season …Wishing you bright blessings !\

6. Jan on December 24, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays. Thank you for sharing the Lowcountry with us for all the years. I can get so lost in your books and know that I am on that beach guarding those turtle nests. Many thanks for all the special hours spent with your pages and all the special memories they bring back to me. My friends always know when you have a new book because I’m telling them “You have to read this right now!”

• Mary Alice Monroe on January 6, 2017 at 8:25 am

Thank you for this note. I cherish your support of my novels and for sharing them with your friends.